First of all, thank you to Lectito for the nomination! It was a very pleasant surprise which complements this gorgeous not-winter weather we’re suddenly enjoying in my neck of the woods!
Margot, your blog and Instagram posts have brightened many of my days. Your reviews are insightful and helpful… plus it’s always fun to compare reviews when we’ve read the same books!
The award rules
- Thank the person who nominated you!
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and let them know they were nominated.
- Ask the nominees 11 questions
Questions from Lectito:
- What do you love most about reading?
I love that I can escape into another time and place, into someone else’s life.
- Why did you start book blogging?
As a full time teacher, it’s hard to find time to do the two things I love: read and write. This blog fulfilled these two needs. It’s not the same as writing the essays and stories that are in me, but it’s a start!
- What’s your favourite thing to do besides read?
I love teaching, spending time with my dog, and trying new restaurants.
- Where are you from and what’s something most people don’t know about your hometown/city?
I’m from what used to be a tiny town in Eastern Kansas. We took great pride in the fact that the Three Trails (Santa Fe, Oregon, and California) crossed here – a largish monument behind my old elementary school commemorates this.
- Who’s your favourite local author and why?
Local might be stretching it a bit, but I absolutely adore Marilynne Robinson.
- If you had to get a book quote tattoo, which quote would you pick?
Faith, Hope, Love: the Greatest of these is Love.
- What three books should everyone add to their reading pile?
Crooked House by Agatha Christie
Tisha by Robert Specht
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë
- What’s your favourite ‘classic’ and why?
The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I love stories that mix legend, family history, mystery, and murder – this one in particular has many adaptations that I enjoy equally!
- Name a book that left you sleepless.
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- What’s the seventh sentence on the current page of your current read?
“Then leave it be, dammit.” (Lila by Marilynne Robinson)
- Show us a picture of your favourite book cover.
- Interesting Literature
- Andrea at Cooking with a Wallflower
- Ted at Something Clean, Something Green
- Emily J. at The Bookshelf of Emily J.
- Bob at Piran Cafe
- Dan at Far Out Zen
- Aman at Confessions of a Readaholic
- Lukas Kondraciuk at Through Open Lens
- Luccia at Re-Reading Jane Eyre
- 101 Books
My Questions for the Nominees:
- What or who inspired you to blog?
- Do you write outside of your blog?
- What is your biggest fear regarding reading and/or cooking and/or traveling?
- Describe the best thing you ever created.
- What book belongs on everyone’s bookshelf?
- What is the one thing that is definitely overrated?
- Which book was so vivid, you could visualize the characters and plot as if you were watching a movie?
- Truth, which movie did you like better than the book?
- What always makes you smile, no matter what’s going on?
- Where is the most beautiful place you’ve been?
- Have you read War and Peace? If yes, what did you think? If no, why not?