I didn’t really care for Dan Brown’s Inferno, especially compared with his The DaVinci Code (which I love!). The plot was not as thrilling as previous ones have been, despite all the promise of Dante.
When I rented the movie version, I was not expecting to be wowed, but wasn’t I expecting it to be a complete waste of $3.99, either.
It was a complete and utter waste of $3.99.
For the first hour or so, I made a list of all things that detoured from the novel. Then I gave up and wrote “so many useless changes in plot and characters.” I’m including the list below, but – fair warning – from here out there will be ***spoilers***.
- Zobrist – too young
- Sienna – not blonde
- Robert’s wound – front of head, not back; weird rash on his back??
- Provost? wants to see the video from the get go
- Zobrist’s video is changed, too obvious to his plan
- Figured out Zobrist was a mad man too quickly
- Sienna left Robert; Sienna on Zobrist’s side blatantly
- Ugh, romance between Robert and Elizabeth
- Sienna didn’t die, contagion burst before they got to the cistern
I hear that Brown is coming out with at least one more Langdon novel; of course, I will read it. I just hope that – at minimum – the movie version stays closer to the text.