This recipe is based on one my dad used when we were kids.
Typically, he’d use pork chops or sausage, but I absolutely love it with chicken, too.
No matter what meat you choose, this recipe is guaranteed to satisfy! It’s a little American, a little German and a whole lot of delicious comfort food.
- 3 small/medium sized chicken breasts
- 1 can of Frank’s Kraut
(Bavarian style, sweet with caraway seeds)
- 1 Yellow Delicious apple
- 2 medium sized red potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- Cube potatoes
- Place potatoes in the glass dish
- Slice half the apple
- Place apples on around the potatoes in the dish
- Place chicken breasts on top of the potatoes and apples
- Cover chicken with kraut
- Slice second half of the apple
- Place apples around the chicken, on top of kraut
- Cover with foil, bake for about an hour
- Uncover, continue to bake about 10 minutes