I love breakfast potatoes. The original recipe for these, though, were to be served with pork chops at dinner.
I’ve made them with Rosemary only and with Thyme only.
This time I thought I’d pay a little homage to a murder mystery series I enjoyed last summer: Rosemary & Thyme.
Rosemary & Thyme Breakfast Potatoes
Serves one | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 40 minutes
- One red potato, chopped or diced
- Garlic powder, 1-2 tsp
- Rosemary, 1-2 tsp
- Thyme, 1-2 tsp
- Olive oil, about 3 tbsp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Line baking pan with foil (I use a cookie sheet)
- Drizzle olive oil on top of foil
- Spread chopped potato on top of oil
- Drizzle more oil on top of potatoes
- Sprinkle herbs and spices on potatoes as evenly as possible
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Bake for about 40 minutes
Despite all the olive oil, the potatoes tend to stick, so you might need to gently wriggle them off the foil with a fork or spatula.
This morning I served these with my typical heart-attack breakfast… except I switched it up a bit with the eggs.
I was out of milk, so I used sour cream.
The eggs came out incredibly light and fluffy!