Anytime I need a dish for a potluck, this is what I make. Everyone asks me where I got the recipe and I always laugh and tell the truth: I made it up!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- ½ jar of mayonnaise
- ¾ medium red onion, chopped
- 3-4 oz. of grape tomatoes, sliced thin
- Approximately 4 pieces of fried uncured bacon, crispy and crumbled
- Approximately 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Put chicken and garlic powder in crock pot. I put the chicken in frozen so I don’t have to add water. I probably use about 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, not sure – I just sprinkle it on until the chicken is covered.
- Cook on high until chicken falls apart, but still has moisture. (4-6 hours approximately)
- Shred chicken
- Let chicken cool off before adding ingredients.
- Add mayonnaise, shredded cheese, chopped onion, sliced tomatoes, and bacon crumbles. Mix well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I typically serve these with crackers, but it makes good sandwiches, too… and I saw a few coworkers use it as a “dip” for their veggies! Enjoy!