Actually, I’m not Italian at all… but I love their cuisine. Here’s my take on lasagna (and a pretty good salad):
Serves: 8 (larger portions than shown)
- 1 container De Boles Rice Lasagna Noodles (No Boiling, Oven Ready)
- 1 large jar of Prego Italian Pasta Sauce – Traditional
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 jar of Sliced Mushrooms (about 5 oz.)
- 1 can of Artichoke Hearts (about 12 oz.)
- ½ jar of Sun Dried Tomatoes (in Olive Oil)
- ½ cup of chopped onions (I used a mix of red and yellow)
- Mix egg, cheeses together in a bowl, and set aside.
- Sauté meat in skillet until cooked, draining excess fat, if necessary.
- Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes over low heat.
- In 9″ x 13″ pan, layer as follows: sauce, noodles, meat, artichokes/sun dried tomatoes/mushrooms, cheese mixture, then repeat, making sure that all exposed areas of noodles are covered.
- Sprinkle healthy amount of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover and bake at 350° F for 1 hour, or until done.
Serves: 8 (small portions)
Mix the following ingredients in a large bowl, toss, and serve with your favorite vinaigrette or Italian dressing.
- 1 Italian Blend Salad Mix (9 oz. bag)
- 1 50 Spring Mix/50 Baby Spinach Blend Salad Mix (9 oz. bag)
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ can of black olives, chopped
- 1 container of raw sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, ¼-inch slices then cut in half
- Bacon Bits to taste